[NBLUG/talk] Mounting a new HD

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Fri Nov 28 16:35:01 PST 2003

I have Fedora running on my system and there is a primary HD on the
secondary channel (hdd), however I do not know how to have Linux mount it.

In the GUI Hardware Manager, it is listed "hdd", however in the GUI disk
manager only the CD and Floppy drives are listed.

I am not too swift with Linux editors, but I did a "cat /dev/fstab" and
the "hdd" device is not listed.

Also, my Red hat 4.1 book speaks of "fstool", but that is not part of
Fedora nor is it listed on my Ret Hat system and I do not see a GUI
selection for mounting a new HD or qnything that would allow me to
format the new drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Todd