[NBLUG/talk] pcmcia: CardServices release does not match!

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Sun Nov 30 13:26:01 PST 2003

Thanks for the reply, ME.

I think I understand you, so I will refine my question(s) a bit:

I have a fresh install of SuSE 8.2, no updates. I went back and add
the kernel-source and pcmcia source from the install cd's.  I would
think therefore that kernel and card services should be in sync,
right?

Then I installed the Atmel wireless network card driver, which
includes a few modules, depending on the model card you are using.  My
card apparantly requires me to load the pcmf502rd module.  When I try
to load it via insmod, I get an error that tells me to look in dmesg
and the syslog.  It is there that I see the 'CardServices release does
not match!' message.

Is this because of some conflict between the kernel version and
pcmcia_cs? or between the pcmf502rd module and pcmcia_cs?

More to the point, how do I fix it?  How do I find out where the
conflict is?  I resisted the urge to just download the latest version
of pcmcia_cs, but maybe that's what I need to do.

-dave.