[NBLUG/talk] Enlightenment on Redhat 9

Daniel Kinon kinon at SONOMA.EDU
Fri Oct 3 10:29:01 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 08:46, Mark Street wrote:
> Did you run ldconfig after you installed the new libraries?
>
> You could do this, create a symbolic link to the library....
>
> ln -s /usr/lib/libImlib.so.11.0.0 /usr/lib/libImlib.so.1
>
> If rpm still complains you can install it with the --nodeps option and see if
> E goes.
>
> On Friday 03 October 2003 01:23, Daniel Kinon wrote:
> > [root at quantum enlightenment]# rpm -ivh enlightenment-0.16.5-1.i386.rpm
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >         libImlib.so.1 is needed by enlightenment-0.16.5-1

Thanks Mark,
	I ran ldconfig and the rpm stopped complaining. So now I have
enlightenment installed, however when I try to start it, it says "I
already have another windows manager running"  which is strange because
I completely removed nautilus and thats the only windows manager I know
of that was running.
	Enlightenment attempted to edit my startup files, whatever those are,
and evidently it didn't work because the next time I logged in
enlightenment wasn't running.
	Do you have any clue what they ment by startup files.  I think If I
could edit them by hand I could take care of this windows manager
problem fairly easily without having to remove anything.