CD-based Linux (was: Re: [NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived...)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Oct 7 10:48:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:35:22AM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
<snip>
> I also seem to recall that [Knoppix] has been suggested occasionally as
> a way to introduce more skeptical people to Linux.

LUGOD handed out literally 300 copies of Knoppix over the span of three days
at the Government Technology Conference in Sacramento this past May.

[ For fun, photos!  http://www.lugod.org/photos/2003.05.14/ ]

(This must've been before I got my new camera... either that, or the gamma
on this monitor is way off. :^)  Sorry for how dark those all came out!)

I'm hoping we'll have similar interest during the Information Security Conf.
held by ISSA, also in Sacramento, next month.  I've yet to find any volunteers
to burn a collection of CDs, though. <:^(

[ For details, see:  http://www.lugod.org/cdburns/ ]

-bill!

--
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                           Got kids?  Get Tux Paint!