[NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived; time to gear up for the schools!

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Tue Oct 7 12:40:59 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 12:19:54PM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> I am downloading the ISO for OpenOffice 1.1 right now.  Currently, it is
> available from the following mirrors:
>
> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/openoffice/contrib/iso/1.1.0/
> ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/openoffice/contrib/iso/

[snip]

> I intend to distribute CD's to Rancho Cotate High School in Rohnert Park.
> I have also stirred a little interest in Thomas Page K-8 in Cotati, but I
> have not been able to keep in touch with them as much.  And I am certain
> that I cannot distribute CD's to more than one school that day.  If you are
> interested in distributing CD's, please contact me so that we can figure
> out how to serve the most schools in one day.
>
> The planned date for distribution is Octobar 13th.  Since that is barely a
> week from now, if you want to participate, please contact me NOW!
[snip]

> Lincoln

This is OpenOffice related, but someone off-topic, so I apologize in
advance.  I just read an interesting thread this week on how to "beautify"
your standard OpenOffice.org install:

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=96509133&m=3200942885

Basically it points to a kdelook.org script that gives you various icons
you may choose to replace the default ones.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President
kyle at nblug.org