[NBLUG/talk] Sonic dsl?

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Wed Oct 8 13:09:01 PDT 2003

     I've been with sonic since I walked in and handed Dane a check with a
username in the memo. I even got to see a server with a little blue
hedgehog on top. I think they were running pentium 90s at the time
with 96megs of memory. PacBell screwed up on my DSL (did to everyone
and they got sued) but sonic was always great. I've had my DSL
service for about three years now and am very pleased. I used to have
occasional problems with the DSL modem losing connection and they
were very helpful with it and Eli finally suggested wrapping it with
aluminium foil like a baked potato to shield it from any electronic
interference. It worked very well. This seems to be a problem with
Westel DSL Modems (actually not a modem, I know).

     Sonic has aways been a little bit more expensive than the cheapest,
but they've always been really good at personal service. They know
their working for you and not the other way around unlike some
companies. I feel they are well worth the cost. You kinda get what
you pay for.

     I highly recommend them.

                                              -Walter Hansen
                                              The Toy Trader