[NBLUG/talk] MythTV and video in Linux

ME dugan at passwall.com
Wed Oct 15 00:06:02 PDT 2003

Thanks to Scott and Kyle for thier presentations.

A note on Scott's presentation (in case you did not get it at the end) The
video he showed us of where MythTV can "go wrong" did not look that bad to
me. The video was easily watchable; there were just some odd patterns in
the video. He made comment that these abberations would probably be
addressed in the settings that control quality. If this is what MythTV
looks like when ist "goes bad" it must be really good when it isn't "bad."
-- Then again, maybe it looked good because of Scott's experience...

(Sorry about the video choice, that was my fault. I should have chosen a
different foreign film.)

Whatever the reason, Scott showed us how MythTV is a very useful tool.
Scott's showing off the features and usefulness of it makes me want to go
out and get a video capture card. (Maybe for Christmas.:-)

A big thanks to Scott for making time to come present to our LUG.

Thanks also to Kyle who returned back to the U.S. today (early this
afternoon) from France and even though he passed nearly 10 timezones, he
made it to the meeting to carry out his dutiy as President of NBLUG and
show us more about mplayer. (How is that for service as an NBLUG
president?) Hey Kyle, people were asking aboutyou on the channel too. I
think several people are glad you are back.

Welcome back Kyle! (BTW, good presentation on advanced features of mplayer.)

Thanks again to Scott and Kyle

(Also, sorry about my being late. Maybe next time.)
-ME