[NBLUG/talk] Permissions question

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Fri Oct 17 07:45:02 PDT 2003

Mark -

<<<
ServerRoot /etc/httpd or DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html

ServerRoot /etc/httpd

<<<

DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html

<<<
theApache 1.3* or Apache 2 ??

What ftp server are you using?

Apache 2.
VsFtp

<<<
Why do you set the group to adm on the brianpics dir, set it to the
owner and

If I set the group to the ownder, brianpics, I cannot login.  Why?

Here is the confusing part for me:

The users home directory is /home/httpd/brianpics and the privileges are
drwxrwxr-- and the directory is owned by brianpics.  The ftp error is
"500 OOPS: chdir" on attempting login.

chdir from where to where?

Sorry if this has an obvious answer that I am just missing, but......

Todd