[NBLUG/talk] OpenSSH

Rob Orsini orsini at sonic.net
Fri Oct 17 12:36:01 PDT 2003

Hi all.

I applied an OpenSSH patch (from the FreeBSD site) to a FreeBSD
box that I access mostly remotely and ever since then I've noticed
consistent laggy behavior.  For example every time I 'ls' in my home
directory it displays about 15 items, pauses for 1.5 seconds, then
spits out the remaining 10 or so.  Has anyone else heard of something
  like this? I apologize for such a vague description but it just seems
to me that something about the PAM challenge/authentication is
slowing things down now(??).

Rob