[NBLUG/talk] Raid Order

Murdock, Matt Matt.Murdock at brooks.com
Wed Oct 29 07:02:00 PST 2003

O.k., under the hp version of lvm, you do mirroring from the lvm commands
with a -m option with the mirror disk/ux product installed. I see Linux has
a seperate raid package seperate from the lvm.
1) I initially created my root disk with lvm during install (something to
try). /boot of course is not lvm. Do I pvcreate the whole 2nd disk that will
hold the mirror, or do I create the raidtab and raid the /boot (md0), lvol1
(all of disk)(md1), lvol2(swap) (md2), or is there some other way to raid a
lvm disk?
I have not found any specific articles on the way to raid a lvm disk.
Thanks.

Matthew R. Murdock
Senior Systems/Network Admin./H.A.Admin.
Brooks Automation
5245 W. Yeager Rd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
801-736-3340