[NBLUG/talk] Open Source Java applet for HTML editing

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Mon Sep 8 09:01:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:41:51PM -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> Yes, that is correct.  If one has IE, this JavaScript editor does what I
> want except it requires IE - not good.  That is why I would like to have
> a Jave applet version.

Java won't work for IE on WinXP (or any version of Windows newer than that),
unless the user has downloaded and installed Java software, which probably
99% of users are unable to do and unknowing that doing so might be cool.

Have you considered something that transforms a more reasonable textual
markup into HTML?

http://www.textism.com/tools/textile/
The same thing has been ported into at least one other programming language:
http://www.bradchoate.com/past/mttextile.php
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore