[NBLUG/talk] db3 weirdness when installing Evolution

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 16:10:04 PDT 2003

I downloaded the file evolution-1.4.4.tar.gz from Ximian's FTP server,
unpacked it, and ran ./configure.  It told me that it required db3.  I
downloaded db-3.1.7.tar.gz from *the same Ximian FTP server*, and install it
without a single problem.  Then I tried running ./configure again on the
Evolution package, and no matter what arguments I give it, it tells me that
I installed a version other than 3.1.7!  I even double-checked the contents
of db.h, and it says that it's version 3.1.7!  What's going on?

Lincoln