Imagemagick (was Re: [NBLUG/talk] "Capture Applications on screen in X")

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Wed Sep 10 11:35:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 11:31, Steve Johnson wrote:
> Kyle Rankin wrote:
>
> > Another method is to use the "import" tool from Image Magick, which is
> > available as a package on most Linux distributions,
>
> Anyone know the package name for Image Magick for debian?  I'm not
> having any luck getting apt-get to install it.

From Sid:

$ apt-cache show imagemagick
Package: imagemagick
Section: graphics
Installed-Size: 4088
Maintainer: Ryuichi Arafune <arafune at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 4:5.5.7.9-1
Replaces: imagemagick-doc, geomview (<= 1.8.0)
Depends: libmagick5.5.7(=4:5.5.7.9-1)
Suggests: gs, html2ps, lpr
Conflicts: imagemagick-doc
Filename: pool/main/i/imagemagick/imagemagick_5.5.7.9-1_i386.deb
Size: 1082540
MD5sum: 2a737445ce0804d4f0cae8f0edd8ce06
 Imagemagick is a set of programs to manipulate various image formats
 (JPEG, TIFF, PhotoCD, PBM, XPM, etc...). All manipulations can
 be achieved through shell commands as well as through a X11 graphical
 interface (display).
 .
 Possible effects: colormap manipulation, channel operations, thumbnail
 creation, image annotation, limited drawing, image distortion, etc...
 .
 This package suggests a postscript interpreter (gs) to read postscript
 files. It will however function happily without it (as long as you don't
 want to read postscript).

So 'apt-get update && apt-get install imagemagick' should do the trick.
Which version of Debian are you using?

Jeremy
--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>