[NBLUG/talk] hsf softmodem trouble

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Sat Sep 13 11:20:02 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 10:15:25AM -0700, Micxz Love (lovedialup.com) wrote:

> Well OK. I've tried many times to install winmodems in linux and have
> failed. Call me lazy but I have to admit I just went to my SuSE.com and
> looked in the hardware database and went to eBay and searched for that
> product or one that used that same drivers. After I got tired of
> compiling bunk drivers.
>
> Micxz
> Powered by SuSE 8.2
>
> BTW' you will always be able to get the windows drivers in most cases if
> you need them too?

Probably, but if I don't get this figured out, I might just buy an extra
external modem and use that for my linux partition.

...but I'm still hoping to work this out.  I haven't had time to get it yet,
but I'm going to post the info Mark asked for when I get a chance.  Maybe
there's a clue in there.

-dave.