[NBLUG/talk] Installfest Thanks

Daniel Smith linux2002 at daniel.org
Sun Sep 28 16:09:00 PDT 2003

>On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 19:45, Daniel Smith wrote:
>
>  > My skyline WiFi card now connects, but I get frame errors
>
>How are you entering your wep key?
>
>iwconfig eth0 essid foobar key s:yourpassphrasegoeshere ?

Yep, I spread that over two commands.

It'll say "eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=010F)" (hex sequence increases)
or: eth0: Unknown Rx error (0x3).  Frame dropped.

I'll temporarily drop wep off of my AP, to further diagnose
the problem (please no wardriving :-)

Daniel

--
Daniel L. Smith - Code, Write, Photo - Sonoma County, CA & New York City
Resume: http://resume.daniel.org     - Blog: http://JavaJoint.com