[NBLUG/talk] New webserver

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Wed Apr 28 17:56:50 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 05:43:55PM -0700, Walter Hansen wrote:
}
} > You'll need to figure out what to do with all the extra time you have
} > since keeping a Debian system current requires about 5 minutes a week,
} > if that.  Using logcheck to weed out the noise from system logs saves
} > time as well.  You do look at your logs, right? :-)
}
}   I've got the log watch from RH but it's kinda annoying. I like them
} forwarded to my normal machine for a quick scan of anything important.

No comparison.  Logwatch is awful.  Logcheck works great
after you get the ignore files setup.

} > The only RH thing I still kinda miss is chkconfig.
}
}   That will be sorely missed. Not that I really do stuff like that very
} often, but I've generally forgotten how to do it by the time I do and I
} just go into the scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ and they all remind me to
} run chkconfig and there I go.

"ln -s" is your friend.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com