[NBLUG/talk] Weird Apache Question

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Aug 6 09:16:59 PDT 2004

I've done a little goggling on this with no luck. I'll be doing some more
reasearch on it later, but I think it's not exatly a common question so I
wondered if any of you might have had this come up and know where to look.

I'd like to have an Apache 2.X server have a default web page. Not default
as in index.html but so that any request www.server.com/file.html will go
to that page instead of generating a 404 error. Yes I know I could
customize the 404 error, but I want to instead have it serve default.html
without a complaint. Also this would be for only one vitural server out of
many.

Anybody ever see anything like this or know where I should look?

Thanks for any help. :-)