[NBLUG/talk] Security hole in Ghostscript?

Clay Carley cbc at sonic.net
Wed Aug 11 21:32:36 PDT 2004

Hi all,
I am not very familiar with ghostscript, but I have noticed today that
my server was reacting slowly- it should not be, considering it's a dual
P-III machine that usually keeps up with my minimal web site.  I ran
top, and saw that user "lp" was running gs -dPARANOIDSAFE (or something
similar).  I looked it up, however I did not find that parameter for
running "gs".  I'm updating right now, but just curious if I should be
paranoid myself.

Thank you,
Clay Carley