[NBLUG/talk] OpenZaurus and Jeode

Bob Blick bblick at sonic.net
Fri Aug 13 18:54:30 PDT 2004

Has anyone successfully installed jeode (java virtual machine) under
OpenZaurus?

I've been trying with no luck. Various webpages have directions, but
nothing that works, although I have found lots of people's comments
about it not working, so I know I'm not alone.

As I understand it, you take a Z running the Sharp roms, and install a
package called jeodcreator.ipk which then creates a new ipk which
contains the jeode files. You then install OpenZaurus and install this
new package. However, this package is less than 2K, so there's no
jeode in it.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bob