[NBLUG/talk] OpenZaurus and Jeode

troy fryman at sonic.net
Fri Aug 13 21:46:08 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 06:54:30PM -0700, Bob Blick wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed jeode (java virtual machine) under
> OpenZaurus?

Yep, opera too!  I'm still running oz 3.2.

> I've been trying with no luck. Various webpages have directions, but
> nothing that works, although I have found lots of people's comments
> about it not working, so I know I'm not alone.
>
> As I understand it, you take a Z running the Sharp roms, and install a
> package called jeodcreator.ipk which then creates a new ipk which
> contains the jeode files. You then install OpenZaurus and install this
> new package. However, this package is less than 2K, so there's no
> jeode in it.

Yeah, I used the jeodecreator too and remember having a similar problem.
I can't remember for sure now but I think I ended up mounting the sharp
rom image as a loopback device and playing with the jeodcreator script
until it worked.  (The script is just the 'postinst' script inside the
joedcreator.ipk)  ipk's are just tar.gz or ar archives.

> Any help?

Yeah, you want the ipk I made?  It's about 1.8 megs and I'd be happy to
send it to you.

-troy