[NBLUG/talk] The computer that is not made...

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Fri Aug 20 08:09:35 PDT 2004

OK!  My idea of a notebook computer is probably not shared by anyone
else, but it is still fun to wish it was made.  What is my wish?

*** Runs on Linux

*** Connectivity: modem, Ethernet, WiFi

*** Storage:  CF memory card(s)

*** Small; under 2 pounds

*** Keyboard is small, but big enough to touch type

*** Screen less than 12 inches but big enough for someone who wears bifocals

*** Fundamentally a thin client configuration (browser, email client)
other than Star Office or similar package

*** Cost: less than $500

*** Use: on the road to check and send email and minor document creation

So, I am dreaming....but life can be the achievement of dreams

Todd