[NBLUG/talk] Recovering data from a failing hard disk

Daniel Smith linux2002 at daniel.org
Mon Aug 23 20:59:56 PDT 2004

>I need to transfer a huge volume of data from a failing 160GB hard disk

If the key words are "failing" and "important data", you
may consider DriveSavers, based in Novato.  I once waited
too long (scraping sounds), and they couldn't do anything
with shavings from a crashed head.  Good luck,

Daniel
http://www.drivesavers.com/
(no, I don't work for them - I just know they are very good)

--
Daniel Smith - New York & Sonoma County, CA
blog: JavaJoint.com   - resume: resume.daniel.org