[NBLUG/talk] Gotchas on installing debian on new disk

Glen Gunsalus G-Gunsalus at Mindspring.com
Wed Dec 1 23:04:21 PST 2004

Frank,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm going to see if I can't do the hda/hdb swap before
install.  If /etc/fstab and correct grub/lilo is all I have to worry about, I
think the swap before install is a much cleaner path to my desired end-point.

Yes, I think the new sarge-installer is pretty slick.  I tried it on my laptop
in early Nov to get a feel for debian goodies and hit a brick wall, but late
Nov download was bug-free up through the base-config.  Now all I have to learn
is the rest of the "debianisms" with which I'm completely unfamiliar/ignorant.
 Looking forward to the education and expect I'll have more queries for "talk"
as I progess.

Thanks again.