[NBLUG/talk] Wrong monitor specified in Fedora 3

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Mon Dec 13 16:36:10 PST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 03:24:04PM -0800, Todd Cary wrote:
> I messed up during the install of Fedora 3 and specified a 15" Sony
> rather than the 17".  The result is that on boot it has a distorted display.
>
> XF86Config does not appear to be included in the latest Fedora and I
> have forgotten what Mark taught at the Admin course.  How can I set the
> parameters from the command line?
>
> Todd
> --

Todd:

I don't know how to set display parameters on the command line, but
Fedora Core 3 uses Xorg, instead of XFree86.

The config file should be at /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  I'm not sure how you
would edit the file for your monitor, but if you take a look you might be
able to reconfigure it.

Good luck.

-dave.

--