[NBLUG/talk] hard drive death, filesystem types

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Dec 17 13:15:45 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 09:40:36AM -0800, Bob Blick wrote:
> I broke down and ordered a 300 gig (Seagate) drive last night, and will
> not attempt anything until it arrives. The bad drive is less than 6 months
> old.

Well... maybe you can RMA it for a new one atleast?

I had a 80 Gig drive go bad ~18 months ago, so I went out and bought a
120 Gig drive.  After several weeks, I realized that my failed drive was
still under warranty, so I RMAed it and got a new 80 Gig.

I bought a Dell PowerEdge with a 40 Gig and 120 Gig, and then added my
newest 120 Gig in an IDE software mirror raid configuration.

And I back stuff up more often. =)

Jeremy