[NBLUG/talk] Fedora 3 appears faster than 2

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Wed Dec 22 20:03:43 PST 2004

I have Fedora 3 loaded and running with HTTP and FTP servers.  On my old
"play" box (Pentium III 667MHz) it appears to be quite a bit faster in
the GUI responses.  Does anyone share this subjective observation?

I realize Gnome vs KDE is like Merlot vs Cabernet, however are there any
articles exposing their virtues?  Appears that Gnome has gone through
quite an upgrade, but that is quite subjective.

Is there a GUI function for switching GUI's?  If there is, I cannot seem
to find it!

Todd