[NBLUG/talk] iPlanet - the continuing saga (network stuff this time)

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Mon Feb 2 13:25:01 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:02:55PM -0800, ac at sonic.net wrote:
}
} Now the only problem is that connecting to the server fails.  When I
} launch ./startconsole to start iPlanet, it reports "[LS ls1]
} http://localhost.localdomain, port 8888 ready to accept requests.
} Launching browser...."  At that point, Mozilla opens (I had to alter the
} sript so it would stop trying to call netscape :), and an error occurs
} which reads "The connection was refused when attempting to contact
} localhost.localdomain:8888"

Do a "netstat -l", you should see this line:

tcp        0      0 localhost:8888         *:* LISTEN

If the service is really running.

Do a "telnet localhost 8888"
That should connect to the service if it's running.

Mozilla can be weird when doing things like this.  If you have any
proxies configured this will have to be set for noproxy, or turn off
proxies.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com