[NBLUG/talk] iPlanet - the continuing saga (network stuff this time)

ac at sonic.net ac at sonic.net
Mon Feb 2 14:02:00 PST 2004

Great information - I hadn't thought of telnet.

I do NOT see anything listening to port 8888 when using netstat -l, so it
would appear that something is failing to run correctly.  The closest
thing is:

tcp	0	0 *:sunrpc	*:*	LISTEN

That's listed prior to launching ./startconsole to start the server, so I
doubt that's it.

Again, interesting idea with Telnet - when I run Apache, I can connect to
port 80, but no luck with port 8888.  That would imply that the server
isn't launching, even though no error messages are appearing.  I'll have
to see if there's a log file somewhere.

Thanks again for the help - any other suggestions?

A.C.
******