[NBLUG/talk] Crypto talk

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Wed Feb 11 15:14:00 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 02:02:49AM -0800, Jake Appelbaum wrote:
}
} If anyone has any questions or needs any help, feel free to post it on
} list or as a private email to me.

Jake,

You talked about the limitations of the encryption system,
but one thing you didn't mention was suspend mode on a
laptop.  It seems that for the encryption to be of value you
would need to do a full system shutdown/reboot rather than
just use suspend mode if there is the <i>slightest</i>
chance that anyone else would get their hands on it while it
was off?  Unless you suspend with xscreensaver locked and
you trust that?

} Also:
} Does anyone know who the guy in the front row was? The guy taking notes
} going in and out of the room for most of the talk?
}
} I almost wanted to spot the fed but I wasn't sure, he didn't seem to
} have white socks on.

Hmmm, <i>I</i> had white socks on (but I was in the 2nd row :).

Thanks for the talk,

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com