[NBLUG/talk] Fastest way to update Fedora/RH

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Feb 14 14:58:01 PST 2004

I decided that if I want to pass Mark Street's course, I had better head
out and learn something about yum.  Still not completely sure of what I
did, I modified yum.conf so that the mirror site at SF State was in the
list and ran "yum update".

Wow!  I thought my CPU was going to burn up...my router lights stayed on
continuously as 110 files were downloaded.  Never had that speed with
Red Hat Network!

But I have a question that I have not been able to answer: is there a
way to get the list of downloads and before yum downloads them, to edit
the list?

Yumified,

Todd