[NBLUG/talk] RH 8.0 boot file cannot copy

HarryH forHarryH at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 15 23:16:01 PST 2004

Hi,
I just installed RH 8.0 and need to copy the/boot/boot.0306 boot file to a floppy so I can copy it to Win2K Server so NT loader to will see my LILO RH 8.0 at boot time for selection.  When I try and copy boot.0306 it says its a read only file system.  I did chmod to 777 but that did not help.  Copied it to a file X, chmod it to 777 and still says its read only.  I am doing all this as root.  What do I need to do to copy this boot loader file to W2K so I can boot between W2K an RH?

Thanks,
Harry