[NBLUG/talk] Samba connection question

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Feb 20 11:41:04 PST 2004

You want to use smbclient or smbmount. Recently I mounted the CD-ROM on my
win box on my webserver so that I could view the contents remotly.
Actually did that remotely as well. You'll want to read the man page for
smbclient, it's rather like ftp. I can't seem to remember the command to
bring up a list of hosts. I do remember that there was a command for that.
Warning: it takes a bit to get the syntax just right to connect via
smbclient. Use the examples from the man page. I think I ended up using
single or double quotes on some paremeters.