[NBLUG/talk] has anyone else noticed a dramatic drom in spam?

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Tue Jul 13 21:42:48 PDT 2004

Today, as an example, I had a total of 54 spam.

Here's what I've been doing.

No procmail, no spam assassin. I just got pissed one day (angry, not drunk)
and decided to start sending it all back.

So I set up my filters to bounce anything that met the current spam
definitions that were being routed into the trash folder.

That had a small effect.

About five weeks ago I got particularly peeved, and -- I know this makes no
sense - I hope someone can figure out why it's working -- I began to bounce
each incoming spam TWICE.

Since then the number has steadily decreased. On weekends I barely get 40, and
all of the content are from new sources.

Any ideas, gang?