[NBLUG/talk] redux; Where to start

troy fryman at sonic.net
Tue Jul 20 11:41:28 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 11:33:00AM -0700, hayden wrote:
> Thank you Eric!  Had to rearange Sat. but can now sign up.
>
> Can I trouble you to tell me if my list of hdwr looks ok?

I can answer that one, since I have a very similar machine that's been
absolutely rock-solid since the va-503+ was cutting edge.  It was my
main machine for a year or so and then moved into duty as a
web/file/email server where it has remained since.  I liked that
motherboard then, and I still do.

My only concern with your machine is a lack of RAM.  It will be fine as
long as you (or your helper) choose a lighter-weight desktop.  Gnome or
KDE won't leave you much room for applications.

See you on Saturday!

-troy