[NBLUG/talk] Sendmail/Postfix/qpoper

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Fri Jul 23 19:18:37 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 02:44:46PM -0700, Walter Hansen wrote:
} I'm leasing a server at sonic. It comes stock with sendmail. It's running
} Mandrake 9.2. The server is set up for webmin (a pretty good program for
} server control) and I'm reading the docs of it now.
}
} I'm going to be hosting web sites on it and will be handling thier DNS
} also. I'd like to be able to set up email services much like on hosting
} accounts for most ISPs. I'll need some static local mailboxes that clients
} can attach to with outlook or whatever as well as forwarding services:
} webmaster at xyz.com, webmaster at zyx.com, ... -> webmaster

Postfix.  It's easier than exim or sendmail.  I haven't tried qmail.
www.postfix.org has the documentation, it's mostly readable, but the
parts for spam control you have to read thru several times to figure it
all out.

   E Frank Ball   frankb at frankb.us