[NBLUG/talk] WiFi revisited

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 7 11:19:58 PDT 2004

I'm setting up a wireless network, and having seen Jake's presentation
on wireless security, I plan to be *very* careful about security.
However, I have a few questions:

1. Are the notes from Jake's WiFi presentation available on the
website?  I can't seem to find them.

2. I remember that there was a presentation on how to set up a wireless
network a while ago.  Unfortunately, my recollection of the presentation
is vague at best.  Are the notes from that presentation available on the
website either?  Or is all the information outdated by now?

3. My WiFi router supports the following security modes:
  a. WPA pre-shared key
  b. WPA RADIUS
  c. RADIUS
  d. WEP
Which mode would offer the best security?

Depending on how this goes, I may or may not be back later with more
questions.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>