[NBLUG/talk] ADMTEK wireless Driver Update, sort of...

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Mon Jun 7 12:21:48 PDT 2004

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I don't think I can use Justin's suggestion (sshing from outside),
since I don't have a wireless connection to my laptop (the source of
my original problem!).

As for the tips from Lincoln and Augie, they look more promising.
Only problem is that if I try using alt-sysrq, I get a screenshot
dialog.  I'm assuming that this is because I don't have the kernel
configured to enable the sysreq key. I hope you will understand if,
given my obvious lack of full-strength linux wizardry, I don't go and
re-compile my kernel.  I have enough troubles!

I must say though, that the page Augie referenced
(http://linux.about.com/library/bl/open/newbie/blnewbie5.1.htm) looks
like a cool resource, especially for those wishing to up their magic
points.

I'm hoping that this system-locking-module problem is only temporary,
and that the maintainer of the module (Michael Wu - let's give the guy
a round of applause) can iron this out eventually.  I'm fighting the
urge to run to ebay or Best Buy and just spending my way out of this
problem.

Thanks again!

-dave.

--