[NBLUG/talk] Which Distro.

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Jun 9 08:11:08 PDT 2004

I am about to replace a RedHat 7.2 box, and I'm in the process of deciding
which distro of linux to use.  I'm leaning towards Debian stable, but I
also know that its not cutting edge =)  So there are a few packages I will
compile by hand, so that I can get the latest versions
(ie: apache, mysql and php).

I was wondering, in a server environment, what distro do you
folks prefer? and why?

I've run RedHat and Debian as servers and both I like alot.  My issues
with redhat is that sometimes the support life is a little short.
With Debian, I don't have to many complaints.  I've found a couple
little things that were annoying, but over all it has been a great
server distro.

Anyways, I'm just fishing for opinions =).

-Steve

--
----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."