[NBLUG/talk] Gallery 1.4 installation trouble (php? apache? permissions?)

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Sat Jun 12 19:16:19 PDT 2004

I just upgraded my gallery installation to the latest patch level without a
hitch.

It looks like the error describes a session.php in
the /misc/drupal-4.4.1/gallery directory.

I would go back and re-configure gallery to NOT use any of the CMS tools
initially.  Get gallery working then work on adding the functionality to the
CMS.

Put the installation in configuration mode
sh configure.sh

Visit http://localhost/gallery/setup/
Turn off embedded CMS functionality, save configuration.

Secure the installation again.
sh secure.sh

then visit your gallery installation.

Remember to make sure the .htaccess file is set in the gallery directory as it
contains several important php and apache variables and directives.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com