[NBLUG/talk] quoted printable / Entourage

Troy Arnold fryman at sonic.net
Fri Jun 18 15:28:58 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 05:15:52PM -0700, Troy Arnold wrote:

> I was about ready to say the message was just screwed up, but I copied
> the mbox to shell.sonic.net and whoa! it's fine.  My muttrc* is
> virtually identical at home and at sonic.  $TERM=xterm there as well,
> and I ssh'ed in from the same terminal where I ran mutt.

Correction:  In my .mailcap on bolt I have:
text/html       ; lynx -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput
So on bolt I was looking at the html copy of the message.
The quoted-printable text portion still contains unprintable characters.

Since I see this on various machines with both text and X based mail
apps, I'm going with the assumption that my client's user agent
is not playing nice.  But what do you expect from a Microsoft
application written for OSX ?

-troy