[NBLUG/talk] Scanner Setup-loading module at startup.

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Fri Mar 5 10:58:00 PST 2004

I just picked up on this thread.  It really doesn't matter which flavor of
Linux you use, they all work basically the same way.

Remember an 'alias' is just a name for something else that is easy for a
stupid human to remember.  An alias by and of itself does not load the module
into the kernel.

Check out;
man modules.conf
man modprobe

Other files on Red Hat that are of importance;
/etc/modprobe.conf
/etc/modprobe.conf.dist