[NBLUG/talk] Linux kernel talk at SSU

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Fri Mar 19 11:34:01 PST 2004

Cool!  This guy needs to update his notes though.....

snip

"My personal choice is SuSE for two reasons. First, it comes with a program
called yast, which is a very nice configuration tools that will aid us in
installation and determining hardware latter. Second it uses grub as the
default boot loader, which is the same boot loader I will explain latter in
this document. A third, hidden reason being, this is the distribution I use
so I like it the best. SuSE does come with many CD’s of software and
therefore may not be the most practical to download. Red Hat and Slackware
both use the lilo boot loader but do not have nearly as many packages."

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer