[NBLUG/talk] First test on new box

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Wed Mar 31 19:28:25 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 07:17:01PM -0800, Dustin Mollo wrote:
> ok..keep yer fingers crossed ;)

i know...evil for following-up to my own post.  some things we've noticed
don't work and will work on fixing RSN:

* mirrors - all the mirrrors are down for right now.  the disk from the old
box has been migrated, so there shouldn't be *that* much work, but it just
wasn't a priority for right now.

* installfest page broken - the installfest page (nblug.org/installfest/)
tries to give you a download of the CGI and not the results of the executed
CGI.  odd.  if you *really* want to view that page,
nblug.org/installfest/index.cgi does the right thing.  i'm currently tired
of looking at apache voodoo, so i'll deal with this one later.

if anyone notices something else that's broken, please follow-up to this
thread, and we'll get it taken care of ASAP.

thanks to eric for migrating the list data over from the old mailman install
on the box, for setting up all the aliases on the new box as part of the
conversion from qmail and for putting up with my whining about learning
debian (which is the chosen os for this new box.)

thanks also to sonic for helping out today in getting the boxes swapped and
changing out locks on the cabinets so i can have access outside of business
hours.

-dustin