[NBLUG/talk] oops...help me!!

Meg Holden megymonster at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 20:29:41 PDT 2004

Hey all...
I installed Debian on my laptop a few months ago and the kernel it came
with was 2.2.20.  Tried updating it to 2.6.3 and couldn't get it to
work.  I did save 2.20 and was able to boot into it just fine.  I tried
again to install the new kernel, and didn't think that I'd need to save
my old one again.  aparently I did.  Now I have the same problem whe I
try to boot either one I get an error message that says VFS:Annot Open
root device "303" or 03:03
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unabel to mount root fs on 03:03

I can boot with a boot disk, but I can't figure out how to solve this
problem, ot at least get my old kernel version back...any ideas.

Thanks,
Meg