[NBLUG/talk] Dedicated Linux Servers at Sonic.net

micxz micxz at slashdomain.com
Sat May 15 12:13:15 PDT 2004

> I suppose it depends. Memory is used by running processes, so it would
> depend on what processes you are running, and how much memory they
> will use.

I agree. If you a one man band running your five personal sites with low
traffic. I would think 256 RAM would be enough. As long as the pages
were fairly static. And incoming spam email didn't take down your mail
server.
(I just got booted off a server I was reselling on because the mail
server "did not have enough resources" to keep up with the incoming spam
email coming to my domain.) - this is another story/post.

> Serving static pages would be less process intensive, and require less
> memory. Serving dynamic pages would require more resources.

Yep

> I have to admit though, that I have never administered any really popular
> web sites.

Me neither, but I do get 800,000 spam email a day. - Micxz

> augie.
>

> - --
> registered linux user #229905
> gpg public key: http://www.schwer.us/schwer.asc
> Key fingerprint = 9815 AE19 AFD1 1FE7 5DEE 2AC3 CB99 2784 27B0 C072

Micxz