[NBLUG/talk] mod_dav on multiple boxes?

troy fryman at sonic.net
Mon Nov 15 15:05:34 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 02:32:11PM -0800, Augie Schwer wrote:

> NBLUGers,
>
> I have been playing around with WebDAV and the apache module
> for it, mod_dav. The install instructions have this note:
>
> http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/install.html
> "Note: the directory should not be on an NFS-mounted partition. mod_dav
> uses flock/fcntl to manage access to the database. Some operating systems
> cannot use these operations on an NFS-mounted partition."
>
> The environment where I would want to deploy WebDAV would be a
> cluster of web servers sharing data via NFS, so this note looks like I
> really cannot proceed, but I figured I would ask here and see if anyone
> has seen a work around for this. Any takers?

I think you might have missed Eric's reply to your query in #nblug:

	< freiheit> augie: if you run statd (nfslock daemon) and convince
	apache (apr) to use the right DBM, mod_dav locks should be doable

Dunno if that helps you any, but there it is...

-troy (Watch what you say; my irclogs never forget!)