[NBLUG/talk] Re: Laptop Distro

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:04:28 PST 2004

Just an update,

I tried knoppix 3.4 with the hard drive install, pretty nice how it
works, but I could not get my wireless to work with it, so I scrubed
it.

Since I knew Fedora C2 worked so well with this laptop before, and I'm
still unsure about Fedora C3, I decided to re-install C2.. and like I
ask in my original post, everything just worked.  The hardest thing I
had to do was copy down the 128bit wep key and then type it into the
wireless interface config.

The laptop is up, running and happy.. took an hour to 'yum update' the
box, but now its happy.

I may play around with getting Debian working on here someday, but as
much as I love Debian (My prefered distro), I've just never had any
luck getting wireless working with it.  But I don't like being
defeated.. So some day when I have nothing to do, the box will be
scrubed and re-built with Debian, and I WILL get wireless working lol!

Anyways, thanks everyone for their ideas and suggestions.

-Steve

[PLUG]
I'm now hanging out in the nblug chat room (irc.freenode.net #Nblug)
as Fratm if you ever wanna stop in and say hi. =)
[/PLUG]

--
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu