[NBLUG/talk] Ascii DVD players?

troy fryman at sonic.net
Sat Oct 2 11:41:32 PDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 11:16:49AM -0700, rob wrote:

> Troy, can you point me to the 'pre-built' mplayer debs you use?

You bet! (other good stuff there as well)

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main

You'll want to grab the one for your architecture, like mplayer-686 or
mplayer-k7.

While I'm at it, here's my new favorite audio player/organizer:
http://amarok.kde.org/

deb http://www.kalyxo.org/debian/ unstable main

I like amarok, because finding music in a large collection is fast and
TMTOWTDI.  The latest version also supports auto-learning of your listening
habits ala xmms/imms.  Nice hotkey and dcop support, etc., etc...

I consider this to be the holy grail of audio playing apps, and I've tried
'em all!

-troy