[NBLUG/talk] SSH issues

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Wed Oct 6 13:29:11 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 12:39:51PM -0700, A'fish'ionado wrote:
} Is there a way to simply disable the SSH server? I'm on dialup, and my
} machines are never online when I'm gone, so I'm never going to SSH
} into them.

Of course you can disable it.  Remove the link in the approriate rc?.d
directory.  For fedora that would be /etc/rc5.d/S55sshd, in Debian it's
/etc/rc2.d/S20ssh.  What distribution are you running?  Most have a gui
or command line tool for this, but they are all different.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us