[NBLUG/talk] 1600x1200 Rez in X

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:52:19 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am running Debian Testing, with KDE as my desktop, I just got a nice
20" LCD Display that has a native mode of 1600x1200..

For some reason I can't get X to run at the res.  The highest it seems
to want to go is 1200x1024, Which is OK.. but not what I want.

I'm running a GForce 5200 video card, with a Dell 2001FP Display.   If
I force the res to 1600x1200 in the XF86conifig file to 1600x1200, it
drops to some 1450x??? res which looks pretty bad on this display.

Anyone know what I need to do to get X to support 1600x1200?

-Steve

--
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu